If you’re looking for something to eat that feels clean, fresh, and light on the stomach, this soup is it!
6 tablespoons olive oil
1 dried red chili, seeds removed and finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 stalks celery, chopped, plus leaves from 1 bunch
2 green onions, chopped
4 cups water
4 teaspoons vegetable stock paste
1 can chickpeas, drained
1 cup parsley with stems
¼ lemon, juiced
½ cup greek nonfat plain yogurt
Salt to taste
- Over medium heat, warm 3 tablespoons of olive oil with dried chili and garlic in a soup pot. Let the garlic get crispy. Empty contents into a small bowl. Set aside.
- Add the celery stalks and the white part of the green onions into the pot with the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Set aside the green parts of the green onion and the celery leaves. Allow the celery and onion to soften
- Add the water, and vegetable stock paste. Bring the soup to a boil.
- Add the chickpeas and reduce the heat and allow it to simmer until the chickpeas are soft (about 5 minutes)
- Meanwhile, toss the parsley, celery leaves, and green onion with lemon juice and salt.
- Meanwhile, mix the yogurt and salt in a small bowl
- Serve the soup in a bowl with a dollop of yogurt and greens on top. Drizzle on the pepper-infused olive oil
Exchanges per serving: 5 fat, 3 protein, 2 starch, 2 vegetable