This meal comes together in under 30 minutes! It’s lean, light, and healthy!
You may be thinking.. “Shrimp isn’t healthy!” But shrimp is a lean protein source. It’s been incorrectly accused in the past of raising blood cholesterol levels. While it is true that shrimp is high in cholesterol, science shows that dietary cholesterol does not contribute much to blood cholesterol. Celebrate and Enjoy!
This recipe is a perfect light dinner after a long, hot summer day. The strawberries and snap peas give your body much needed water. It’s low in fat, so it doesn’t sit in your stomach.
Exchanges: 1 tablespoon = 1 fat
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Whisk oil into lemon juice and balsamic vinegar. Save half of the dressing to marinate the shrimp and save half for later.
Makes 5 Servings
Exchanges without dressing: 2.5 Protein, 1 Vegetable, 1 Fat
3 cups kale
2 cups arugula
1 cup snap peas
1 cup strawberries
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In the refrigerator, marinate the shrimp in half of the dressing mixture for 30 minutes – 60 minutes before cooking.
- Meanwhile, rinse your greens and peas and slice your strawberries. Add to a large serving bowl.
- After at least 30 minutes, remove the shrimp from the refrigerator. Pour the whole thing- marinade and all- into a skillet. Heat to medium low and cook until shrimp are pink (internal temperature 145℉)
- While shrimp are cooking, slice your avocado and add to the rest of the salad.
- Remove the shrimp using a slotted spoon and place on top of salad
- Add extra dressing (if desired) just before serving