Shrimp and cauliflower grits!
We thought the idea of cauliflower grits was questionable at first, but it is SO good!! A must try!
You will need:
– 1/2 lb andouille sausage, chopped in ¼ in slices
– 1/2 lb shrimp
– 1 tsp olive oil
– ¼ tsp garlic powder
– ¼ tsp paprika
– ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
-¼ tsp oregano
– ¼ tsp thyme
– ¼ tsp onion powder
– ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
– ¾ cup chicken broth
– 1 Tbsp water
– 1 tsp cornstarch
– 1 large head cauliflower, chopped
– ¼ cup chicken broth
– 2 tsp salt
– ½ tsp pepper
– 2 tsp garlic powder
– 1.5 Tbsp ghee
1. Add cauliflower to a large pot and cover them halfway with water. Bring to a boil, and cook for 10-15 minutes.
2. While the cauliflower is cooking, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and shrimp and cook for about 5-7 mins. Add the spices and stir.
3. Add chicken broth and stir. Cook until chicken broth has reduced to about half.
4. In a small bowl, combine water and cornstarch and stir until combined, then add the mixture to the pan. Turn heat to low.
5. Once cauliflower is done, drain the water out and add the cauliflower, ghee, salt, pepper, garlic powder and chicken broth to a blender, and blend until combined well.
6. Serve the shrimp/sausage mixture over the cauliflower grits and enjoy!
Makes 4 servings
Exchanges: 4 meat, 2 fat, 1 veg