This super savory side dish will pair well with almost any protein and vegetable combo. Great meal prep staple as well, with the extra benefit of potatoes developing resistant starch which is ideal for a healthy gut microbiome.
- 7-10 medium sized red potatoes
- 6-8 Large carrots
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Dried Rosemary to taste
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Wash red potatoes thoroughly.
- Peel carrots.
- Dice red potatoes and carrots into evenly sized cubes and add to baking sheet or glass baking dish.
- Drizzle olive oil over carrots and potatoes, then toss around until all are coated in olive oil.
- Add seasonings and toss again.
- Bake at 400º for approximately 25 minutes or until fork pierces through easily.
Serving Size: 1/5th of recipe or about ¾ cup
Exchanges: 2.5 Starch, 1 Vegetable, 1.5 fat