If you have been wanting to experiment more in the kitchen, these quinoa crusted chicken tenders were made for you! They are absolutely delicious, and take minimal time to prepare for homemade nutritious chicken tenders! Follow the recipe below and let us know what you think!
You will need:
– 1 cup quinoa
– 1 Tbsp italian seasoning
– 1 lb chicken breast tenderloins
– ½ cup all purpose flour (GF all purpose flour works great too!)
– 2 large eggs
– ½ cup shredded mozzarella
– ¼ cup grated parmesan
– 1 cup marinara sauce
– 2 cups cauliflower rice, steamed
1. Preheat oven or air fryer to 400 degrees (either works, but the air fryer will make them more crispy)
2. Cook quinoa according to package instructions. Once the quinoa is done, stir in the italian seasoning
3. Put the flour into one bowl, and the 2 eggs (beaten) in another bowl
3. Dredge chicken in flour, eggs and then quinoa, pressing to coat.
4. Put the chicken on a coated baking sheet and bake in the oven for 25 minutes, or air fry for 20 minutes. The chicken should be golden brown when done.
5. In a bowl layer with ½ cup cauliflower rice, ¼ of the prepared chicken tenders, cheeses and marinara!
Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 veg, 5 protein, 2 fat