A lot of our clients are surprised when they find out they are “allowed” to have pasta while working with us. However, we have found that when a person restricts certain foods or food groups, that can lead to an unhealthy relationship with food, which may get you to your goal in the short term, but it will end up becoming a long cycle of what we call yo yo dieting. That is why we strive to teach our clients that moderation is the key! We focus on the portions and including lots of nutritious foods, learning how to fuel your body and giving it what it needs, which sometimes includes pasta! 😜
You will need:
– 8 oz uncooked penne pasta
– 2 cups steamed broccoli
– 1 lb raw chicken breast tenderloins
– 1.5 Tbsp olive oil
– 1 tsp onion salt
– 1 tsp oregano
– 1 tsp garlic powder
– 2 cups marinara sauce
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions
2. While pasta is cooking, steam broccoli and prepare chicken
3. Combine the seasonings in a small bowl.
4. Coat the chicken with olive oil and then sprinkle the seasonings
5. Grill the chicken until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
6. Combine ¼ of the pasta with ¼ of the marinara, chicken and broccoli and enjoy!
Makes 4 servings
Exchanges: 3 starch, 4 meat, 2 veg, 1 fat