This quick, single serving pancake recipe to satisfy your breakfast or breakfast for dinner cravings! These pancakes are filling and will give you a long-lasting boost of energy to tackle your day.
- 1 banana (not too ripe, preferably bright yellow)
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- In a blender (i.e. Magic Bullet) blend rolled oats into a flour alone.
- Once oats are in a fine flour, add banana, cinnamon, cocoa powder, salt, and milk last.
- Blend until well combined. (if batter is too thick, or needs help blending, add 1-2 Tbsp more of milk)
- Heat a non-stick skillet on medium heat. Lightly grease pan.
- Once pan is hot, pour batter (usually makes 3-4 medium sized pancakes.
- Cook about 60-90 seconds each side. Adjust heat and/or cooking time as needed.
- Top with desired toppings, fruit, nut butter, maple syrup, etc.
Serving Size: Whole recipe
Exchanges: Starch: 2.5 | Fruit 1.5 | Protein: 1.0 | Fat: 0.25 |