Next time you’re craving something sweet, try these no bake chickpea bars! They’re the perfect balance of sweet and salty.
- 1 cup rolled oats (grind into a flour)
- 1 can chickpeas (drained and rinsed well)
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 5-7 dates (depending on size)
- 1.5 Tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp Coconut flakes for sprinkling on top
- Soak dates in hot water about 10 minutes prior to using.
- In a food processor, add chickpeas and process until smooth paste like texture.
- Melt coconut oil into liquid (about 15 seconds in microwave).
- Add soaked dates, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and peanut butter to food processor and process until smooth.
- Stop food processor, add oat flour, salt, cinnamon, and coconut flakes and process until smooth. (Hint: may need to stop food processor every few seconds and use a spatula to shift contents to be easily blended.)
- Once dough have been fully blended remove from food processor and place on parchment paper.
- Flatten dough into about 8×10 inch rectangle approximately ½ inch thickness.
- In microwave safe dish, place chocolate chips and maple syrup and melt in microwave (about 30 seconds, remove, stir, add 30 additional seconds if needed).
- Pour melted chocolate onto shaped bars and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle additional coconut flakes on top of bars.
- Place bars in refrigerator for 30 minutes before slicing into 16 pieces.
- Once sliced, enjoy!
- Store in refrigerator for up to 5 days!
Serving Size: 1 Bar = 1/16 of recipe
Exchanges: 0.5 starch, 1 fat, .25 fruit, .5 protein