There’s nothing better than a cold salad in the summer! This mexican kale salad is easy to put together and is full of nutrients too!
You will need:
– 1 lb chicken breast
– low sodium taco seasoning
– 2 cups black beans, rinsed and drained
– bell peppers, chopped
– ½ red onion, chopped
– fresh chopped cilantro
– 4 cups kale, chopped
– salsa and guac for topping
1. Season chicken breast with low sodium taco seasoning and grill until internal temp reaches 165.
2. While chicken is cooking, add beans, peppers, onion and cilantro to a bowl and combine
3. Place 1 cup of kale in each bowl, top with ¼ of the bean/veggie mixture and ¼ of the chicken. Top with ¼ cup salsa and 2 Tbsp guac for dressing and enjoy!
Exchanges: 2 veg, 1 starch, 4 meat, 1 fat