Add veggies to our favorite Deconstructed Lasagna recipe- the fastest way to make lasagna.
1 cup chopped mushrooms
1 cup frozen spinach
- In the bottom of a dutch oven or pot, saute 1 cup of chopped mushrooms and 1 cup of frozen spinach in olive oil
- When the mushrooms are soft and fragrant and the spinach thawed, add ½ batch of Deconstructed Lasagna
- Mix everything together. Heat for an additional 10 minutes. Serve hot.
Exchanges per serving: 4 protein, 1 starch, 2 fat, 1 ½ vegetable
Try Deconstructed Lasagna
Everyone loves lasagna, but who has the time? Use whole wheat rotini instead of lasagna noodles to make this healthy layered noodle and ricotta bake.
1 lb ground turkey
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
4 cups uncooked whole wheat rotini
1 container ricotta cheese (15 ounces)
½ cup fresh parsley
1 tablespoon fresh thyme (or 1 teaspoon dried thyme)
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 container canned tomato sauce (29 ounces)
- Spray a pan with cooking spray
- Add raw turkey meat and Italian seasoning
- Meanwhile, boil the pasta in water. Drain the cooked noodles.
- Mix ricotta cheese with parsley, thyme, and black pepper
- In a baking dish, layer the tomato sauce, noodles, and turkey meat. Add 8 large dollops of ricotta cheese to the top
- Bake on 350F for 20 minutes, covered with aluminum foil. Serve hot.
Exchanges per serving: 4 protein, 1 starch, 2 fat, 1 vegetable