Cold nights call for warm soups and we can’t get enough of this kale, white bean and sausage soup! Throw this in the crockpot before you leave for work and take out all the worry of not having time to cook dinner!
You will need:
– 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
– 6 chicken sausage links, sliced
– 1 yellow onion, chopped
– 2 celery stalks, chopped
– 4 cloves garlic, minced
– 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
– 2 cups water
– 1 Tbsp italian seasoning
– 1 bunch kale, chopped
– 2 (15 oz) cans white beans, rinsed and drained
– crushed red pepper flakes for serving
1. Add all ingredients except for kale to crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
2. Once ready to serve, stir in the kale for about 5 minutes until it is wilted.
3. Season with red pepper flakes and serve!
Makes 6 servings
Exchanges: 2 starches, 4 meat, 1 fat
**Note sausage is higher in sodium content, therefore, if you have dietary restrictions, consult with your health educator on what would be appropriate for you!