Like most fruits and vegetables, bell peppers have many benefits. Including improved eye health, reduced risk of anemia and reduced risk of chronic diseases when eaten alongside a generally healthy diet. Start incorporating more bell peppers into your diet by making these instant pot stuffed peppers!
You will need:
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- ½ cup water
- 4 bell peppers
- 8 oz ground turkey
- 1 ⅓ cup cooked rice
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ onion, diced
- 4 oz shredded cheese to top
- Cut the tops off of the peppers, remove the core and seeds and set aside.
- Place ¼ cup of the diced tomatoes in a large bowl
- Pour the rest of the tomatoes and juice and ½ cup water in the bottom of the instant pot, then place the trivet on top
- In the large bowl with the tomatoes, add the ground turkey, onions, seasonings, and rice and mix until combined
- Scoop the mixture into the peppers and place the pepper on the trivet
- Close the lid and seal the valve, cook on high pressure for 8 minutes
- Let natural release for 8 minutes and then quick release
- Top each pepper with 1 oz shredded cheese and cover until melted
- Remove peppers and serve, use the tomato sauce in the bottom of the instant pot to top the peppers!
Exchanges: 1 veg, 3 meat, 1 fat