We love marinades as a way to flavor foods without all of the additional calories and this honey garlic marinade will not disappoint!
You will need:
– ½ cup honey
– ¼ cup soy sauce
– 1 Tbsp ginger
– 2 Tbsp garlic
– 1 lb large shrimp
– 2 Tbsp butter
– 2 cups broccoli, steamed
1. Combine honey, soy sauce, ginger and garlic in a small bowl. Mix and set aside.
2. Toss the shrimp in the sauce and marinade for 30 minutes.
3. Heat a skillet on medium heat and add the butter until melted.
4. Discard the marinade and add shrimp to the pan and cook about 2 minutes on each side or until the shrimp turns pink.
5. Add the broccoli to the pan to brown for 5-6 minutes and then serve with rice noodles
Makes 4 servings
Exchanges: 4 meat, 1 starch, 1 fat, 1 veg (does not include rice noodles)