Loaded with veggies and oriental sauces, seasonings, and spices this shrimp stir fry is sure to satisfy your taste buds. We’ve got the perfect combination of protein, carbs, fat and flavor here! Next time you want to order take out, save some money and try making this instead for a lower calorie, lower sodium option!
You will need:
- 5 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 Tbsp ginger, chopped
- 5 oz spinach
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- black pepper to taste
- 8 oz brown rice noodles
- 6 scallions, sliced (green part only)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together soy sauce, maple syrup, lime juice, rice vinegar and sesame oil and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan on medium heat, add bell pepper and carrots and cook for about 5 minutes, until crisp. Add ginger and scallions and cook for about 1 more minute, then transfer to a bowl.
- In the same skillet add spinach and 2 Tbsp water, cook until wilted and add the bowl with the other veggies.
- In the same skillet, add 1 Tbsp olive oil, shrimp and black pepper. Cook until shrimp are opaque for about 5 minutes.
- While shrimp are cooking, cook brown rice noodles according to package instructions. Drain noodles and rinse with cold water, return to the pot, add soy sauce mixture, veggies, and shrimp and mix well. Stir until heated through. Garnish with remaining scallions
Makes 4 servings: 3 starch, 4 meat, 1 fat, 2 veg