If you have some spare time this weekend try making these homemade breakfast bagels.. If you are someone who likes to have a hearty breakfast or needs some extra calories this recipe is made for you.. it’s so easy, once you make them, put them in the freezer and when you’re ready to eat, just reheat for 2 minutes in the microwave! You could also make them with whole wheat English muffins for less starch!
– 12 Bagels
– 18 eggs
– 12 slices of cheese
– 24 oz sliced ham
1. Preheat oven to 325
2. Start toasting bagels (I’ll just toast them two at a time in the toaster throughout the whole process and they usually finish at the same time as the eggs)
3. Spray donut/muffin pan
4. Beat eggs in a large measuring cup and pour evenly into 12 holes
5. Cook for about 15 mins (until you can stick a fork in, and nothing comes off)
6. Stack 2 oz ham (usually 2 slices but depends on the brand), 1 slice cheese, 1 piece of egg on to bagel and wrap in aluminum foil
7. Freeze for up to 6 months
8. Once ready to eat, microwave for 1:30-2:00 minutes and enjoy!
Makes 12 sandwiches
Exchanges for one: 3 starch, 4 meat, 1 dairy