If you are someone who enjoys eating out often, try to recreate some of your favorite meals at home like this healthier ramen bowl! The perfect excuse to use that new instant pot. 😉
You will need:
– 1 lb chicken breast
– 1 Tbsp olive oil
– 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
– 2 cups water
– 4 eggs
– 2 blocks brown rice and millet ramen noodles
– 8 oz bok choy, sliced and stems removed
– 2 Tbsp coconut aminos
– 4 stalks scallions
– sesame seeds
1. Turn saute mode on the instant pot. Once the pot is heated, add the oil and the chicken. Sear until both sides are browned
2. Add chicken broth, water and the white parts of the scallion. Cover the pot and set it to high on manual for 10 minutes.
3. While that is cooking, boil the eggs.. Cover 4 eggs with cold water and bring to boil. Once boiling, cook for 7 minutes. When they are done, immediately transfer to an ice bath for 5 minutes. Peel and slice into halves.
4. Once the instant pot is done, quick release the steam, and remove the lid carefully. Discard the white parts of the scallions and scoop out the chicken. Shred the chicken with 2 forks
5. Turn the instant pot back to saute mode and once the soup starts to boil and the chicken and ramen noodles. Push the ramen down until it is completely submerged.
6. Once the ramen noodles are soft, add the bok choy and coconut aminos. Stir, cancel saute mode and immediately remove the pot.
7. Divide the ramen into 4 bowls and top with eggs, scallions and sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
Exchanges: 2 starch, 5 meat, 1 fat