If your goal in 2020 is to be more productive, one of the best ways to make that happen is to have a balanced breakfast. Skipping breakfast can cause increased irritability, early fatigue and increased health risks. This egg bake has a perfect balance of protein, carbs, fat and flavor to keep you full and fueled until your next meal or snack!
You will need:
– 1 27 oz container shredded hash brown potatoes
– 4 bell peppers, chopped
– 1 onion, chopped
– 8 slices low sodium turkey bacon, chopped
– 1 cup 2% shredded cheddar cheese
– 6 whole eggs
– 6 egg whites
– 1 cup skim milk
– ½ tsp garlic powder
– ½ tsp salt
– ½ tsp pepper
1. Grease the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Layer half of the ingredients first: half of the hashbrowns, peppers, and onions, 4 slices turkey bacon, and ½ cup cheese.
3. Repeat layers again to finish off those ingredients
4. Whisk together eggs, egg whites, milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
5. Pour egg mixture over all ingredients in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
Makes 6 servings
Exchanges: 2 starch, 3 meat, 1 dairy, 1 veg