If you’re looking for a quick and refreshing lunch, this recipe is for you!
- About 4.5 cups rotini pasta (uncooked)
- 2 cucumbers
- 2 bell peppers
- ½ red onion
- 1-can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 4 large carrots
- 6 oz feta cheese (crumbled)
- 2 small lemons (juiced)
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (peeled and finely chopped)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ground oregano
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder
- Black pepper to taste
- Cook rotini al dente according to box instructions.
- Drain and rinse pasta under cool water. Then place in large bowl.
- Peel and chop cucumbers and carrots into small slices.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas well.
- Dice half of a red onion and bell peppers.
- In large bowl with pasta, add cucumbers, carrots, chickpeas, red onion, bell peppers, and cheese. Stir until well combined.
- In separate bowl or blender, add all ingredients for dressing, whisk or blend until well combined.
- Pour dressing over pasta and toss until evenly coated.
- Store in the refrigerator and enjoy up to 5 days.
Serving Size – 1/6 of pasta salad
Exchanges: 2.5 Starch, 2 Vegetable, 1.5 Protein, 2.5 Fat