Add these crockpot chicken taco bowls to your playbook of easy meal prep recipes this week! If you have a busy sunday, leave the chicken in the crockpot during the day, and just throw the bowls together when you get home! You could also make these midweek! Remember, just because you don’t knock out some prep on Sunday doesn’t mean the week is over. Simply take care of it one other day during the week when you do have time!
You will need:
– 1 (15 oz) can corn
– 1 (15 oz) can black beans
– 3 bell peppers of any color variety, diced
– 1 sweet onion, diced
– 1 lb boneless, skinless, chicken breast
– 1 cup salsa
– 1 package taco seasoning
1. Place chicken, salsa and taco seasoning in the crockpot and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
2. Shred chicken and drain juices.
3. Split all ingredients into 4 different bowls and you are good to go!
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 veg, 5 protein