We are loving this Buffalo chicken sweet potatoes recipe! Where are all of my buffalo chicken fans at?? Here is a great way to incorporate that buffalo chicken with a little bit of veggies. Note: If you are on a lower sodium or sodium restricted diet, this does have about 800 mg of sodium per serving, so you would want to use a lower sodium hot sauce when making. Sign up for a telehealth appointment for more information!
You will need:
- 3 (6 oz) chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup Frank’s red hot original
- 4 (6 oz) sweet potatoes
- 2 cups broccoli, steamed
1. Place chicken in crockpot and cover with chicken broth
2. Let cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours
3. While the chicken is cooking, preheat the oven to 425. Scrub potatoes clean with running water. Using a fork, pierce potatoes and place on an aluminum-foil lined baking sheet a few inches apart. Bake for 55 minutes, flipping every 20 mins or so.
4. While the chicken and potatoes are cooking steam the broccoli
5. Remove the chicken and shred with 2 forks
6. Add greek yogurt and franks red hot to chicken and mix
7. Top each potato with ¼ of the chicken mix and ½ cup broccoli.
Exchanges: 2 starch, 5 meat, 1 veg