You may not always have the time to cook a decadent breakfast on a weekday morning, that’s why we made this breakfast casserole filled with all of your favorite things! Prep this at the beginning of the week and enjoy all throughout the week!
You will need:
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup kodiak cakes power cake pancake mix
- 1 cup almond milk, divided
- 4 large eggs, divided
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 slices bacon, cooked, drained and chopped, divided
- 1 cup onions and peppers, diced
1. Heat oven to 375. Drizzle 9×9 pan with ¼ cup melted butter and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl combine the pancake mix, ½ cup milk, 1 egg and whisk until smooth. Pour into the pan.
3. Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese and half the bacon on top
4. In a separate bowl, add remaining ½ cup milk, 3 eggs, and onions and peppers and combine. Pour into the pan
5. Evenly top with 1 cup cheese and the rest of the bacon
6. Bake for about 40 minutes until lightly golden brown
Makes 6 servings
Exchanges: 3 meat, 1 starch, 1 dairy, 1 fat