This salsa is perfect for summer! It’s the perfect amount of refreshing, tangy, and spicy.
- 1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 can yellow corn (drained)
- ½ red onion
- 2 – medium sized tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno (seeds removed)
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 limes juiced
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- Drain and rinse beans, drain corn, and add to large mixing bowl.
- Finely chop ½ red onion and add to bowl.
- Dice tomatoes and jalapeño then add to bow.
- Finely chop bunch of cilantro then add to bowl.
- In a separate dish, combine lime juice, olive oil, salt, and spices and whisk thoroughly.
- Pour dressing over ingredients in bowl then mix well.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Serving Size: 1/8th of recipe about 3/4 cup
Exchanges: 1 Starch, .5 protein, .5 vegetable, .5 fat