Did you know you can make delicious, chewy brownies with black beans? If you’re looking for a healthy sweet treat, this is for you!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3 bananas
- 1 can black beans (drained and rinsed well)
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar or maple syrup
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- In a food processor, add bananas and pulse until basically liquid consistency.
- Then add black beans and pulse until smooth consistency.
- In a separate blender, grind oats into a flour, then add to food processor and blend.
- Add cocoa powder, peanut butter, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and blend until well combined. (may need to use a spatula occasionally to scrape sides to ensure all ingredients are well mixed.)
- Add in chocolate chips and pulse a few times.
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- With a spatula, removed dough from food processor and place on baking sheet.
- Smooth out dough into a bar shape, roughly 8×12 inches and about ½ inch thick. (you will have to manually shape into the bar size and thickness prior to baking).
- Bake for 15-17 minutes then remove from oven and let cool on rack for at least 10 minutes before slicing into bars.
- Store in an air tight container at room temperature up to 5 days.
Serving Size: 1 Bar = 1/16 of recipe
Exchanges: 0.5 starch, 1 fat, .25 fruit, .5 protein