Whether you are entertaining a crowd for dinner or just cooking for one, you can’t go wrong with a baked potato bowl! Just pick your toppings, cook what needs to be cooked, separate everything out into bowls and let your friends/family help themselves! This recipe also makes great leftovers and could be used for a meal prep recipe!
You will need:
– 4 medium russet potatoes
– 8 slices turkey bacon
– 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
– ½ yellow onion, sliced
– 2 Tbsp butter or ghee
– 1 bag frozen steamable broccoli
– 1 cup cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Wash potatoes and poke each one with a fork several times and place on a sheet pan with aluminum foil for 1 hour.
3. While the potatoes are cooking, slice the mushrooms and onions and set aside and place the bacon strips on a sheet pan lined with foil.
4. When there is 20 minutes left on the timer, put the bacon in the oven with the potatoes to cook for 20 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, saute the mushrooms and onions in the butter or ghee on medium-high heat.
6. Follow the directions on the package to steam the broccoli in the microwave for convenience!
7. When everything is done separate into bowls and load up your potatoes!
Makes 4 servings
Exchanges: 2 starch, 3 protein, 2 veg, 1 fat